Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's Our Job

I have been reading the book the Love Revolution by Joyce Meyer. In reading this book I have learned something essential. With every breath taken, we have the opportunity to revolutionize the world with our love. We often ask God why he doesn't step in when bad things happen in this world. God says to me that he works through his people. We sit around saying, "why doesn't someone do something about this?" Well, it doesn't matter what we have to offer, its the fact that we have something to offer. The world can only be changed if each person contributes with what they can. Whatever you can do, is worth doing. Did you know,according to Joyce Meyer's book, the Love Revolution,that more than 1 billion people earn less than 1 dollar per day, thirty thousand children die each day because of poverty (thats 210,000 that die each week/ 11 million a year) and the majority of these children (are you ready for this??) are under the age of FIVE! Out of the 2.2 billion children in the world, 640 million are without decent shelter, 400 million do not have safe drinking water and 270 million are without access to any kind of medical help at all. Can you imagine if you had no one to help you when you were sick. You cannot go to the Dr. because there isn't one, anywhere??? This information is terribly overwhelming and my heart aches for these people and their families. This is just something to think about when we start to feel sorry for ourselves. I vow to be more active in loving my fellow man and doing what I can do for those around me. My favorite quote:

"I am only one, but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but I can do something and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

~Edward Everett Hale~

No comments:

Post a Comment